This is a place for a fun, feel-good hang out with no judgement!
By Jen Mayer Kulp, Corri English and Kaela Kinney
The common thread of this section is loving the crap out of the tiny humans we get to raise, while also sharing in the fact that it ’s hard as sh*t .
We aren’t experts, just mammas right in the thick of mum life.
“Hi My Name is Mom.”podcast
- The day after a road trip back from the beach, I grabbed a coffee on the go… it wasn’t until halfway through my morning and at least four different errands with my kids that I realised I was walking around with a hygienic panty liner stuck to the base of my coffee cup. No. One. Said. Anything.
- The Monday after daylight savings began, I made my kids some frozen pancakes… I realised I had some small syrup bottles and then patted myself on the back when I realised I had some small syrup bottles leftover from a restaurant that I had hoarded during the pandemic. When my first daughter returned her plate to me completely untouched, I realised I’d poured an entire bottle of blueberry vodka on her pancakes. #mumfail
- We had a house full of guests from out of town and we were scrambling to get to my third child’s 10th birthday party at a nearby movie theatre. We realised when we got there that we had left the birthday boy home alone. Everyone thought he was in someone else’s car and he was in the bathroom. #facepalm
- I lost my 3-monthold for 7 minutes. I put her in a laundry basket of fresh towels while changing loads and walked upstairs, forgetting where I put her…
- My baby got diaper rash when I had covid because I couldn’t smell her poopy diaper.
- I accidently put iced coffee in my daughters sippee cup instead of a smoothie.
- My 3-year-old, who’s been working on pronouncing the letter F, asked me “Mummy, what is your word that goes fffffff?” I was confused – “fork? forget?” “No Mummy, YOUR word that goes fffff, that you said when you fell and hurt your knee!” OOPS. Fudge?? Let’s go with that…
- Sometimes, when my baby needs a #2 changed, I get a whiff and say “Go find Daddy!”
- My husband lost his sense of smell after getting covid and after a year had passed, I was convinced he was using it as a way to pretend he didn’t smell our baby’s poopy nappies… so I blindfolded him and stuck a huge bag of dirty nappies right in his face. He had ZERO reaction! Turns out he was telling the truth! He couldn’t smell them at all!
- I steal chocolate from my kiddos when they have a stash after holidays… they’ll barely remember that Reece’s egg was there, until I eat it, and which point they MUST HAVE IT!! And then I help them look for it.