Now, in quarantine, more than ever, we are so very aware of the impact we have made on our world. We have abused it, we have used it, but ultimately, we have forgotten that we are the world’s guests. With just three weeks of quarantine, meaning less transport so less pollution, more effective ways of living and generally experiencing a simplistic way of being, we have already seen dramatic changes in the environment. I for one have never seen so many days of blue skies, in a usually grey London. Italy’s most fairytale city, Venice, has never seen such transparent waters and in general, throughout the world, pollution has never been so low, due to the major shutdown of industrial activity.
Here at LEMON, we have been fans of Molo from day one. Their style and image is “on pointe” with us and we adore their vivacious and loud prints. They have always been a sustainable and ethical brand, but now more than ever, they’re really carving the way for all other brands to look up to.
From AW19, Molo launched a selection of their first GOTS (Global organic textile standard) certified products. Roll on SS20 and Molo have produced 60% of their collection under GOTS specifications and the remaining 40% of the cotton collection are, at a minimum, all OEKO- TEX standard, meaning that no harmful chemicals can be found in the clothing.
To support responsible solutions for a sustainable future, Molo will be introducing recycled outerwear from the AW20 collection. Some of the fashion outerwear garments are made with recycled fibres from post consumer use, and the technical solid colours are made with advanced use of recycled materials. As CEO of Molo, Mogens Jepsen, states: “ We feel obliged as this concerns the future of our children, and we want to deliver a product to the end users that adds to a sustainable way of life.
If every brand starts to play a more responsible role in society, we will all benefit from it. Small steps will produce giant leaps for our planet. With what we have seen, in just a very short time frame, surely, this will make us all think, act and maintain. Thank you Molo for already doing that and for making your aim to be an entirely sustainable brand in the near future.
Text by Erica Loi